3days Mount Meru Climbing
3days Mount Meru Climbing in Arusha National park is a good trekking mountain for acclimatization for Mt Kilimanjaro climb. Mount Meru trekking is an adventure with close contact with wildlife
Day 1: Arusha – Momella gate – Mariakamba Hut
Drive1 Hr, Hike Distance 10 km, 4 – 5 hrs, 1000m ascent, Altitude: 2516m
Drive to the Arusha National Park gate at Momella. For the first section of the climb through the lush forest, crossing the Ngare Nanyuki river to reach Miriakamba Hut at 8337ft/2541m for overnight stay. Dinner and overnight Mariakamba Hut
Day 2: Mariakamba Hut to Saddle Hut
Hike Distance 4km, 2 – 3 hrs, 1050m ascent, Altitude: 3566m
continue to ascend steeply through the pleasant forest glades and giant heather to reach Saddle Hut at 11,713ft/3570m.
From here it is possible to take a side trek to reach the summit of Little Meru 12,450ft/3794m and return to Saddle Hut in about 2 hours. Dinner and overnight Saddle Hut,
Day 3: Saddle Hut to Meru Summit to Momella Gate
Hike distance 5km ascent + 19km descent, 4 – 5 hrs ascent + 6-8 hours descent, 1000m ascent, Altitude: 4566m
An early start to reach Rhino Point and then on to the summit at 14,981ft/4566m to see the sunrise behind Mount Kilimanjaro, before descending back to Momella Gate to be met and transferred back to your hotel.
Drive 1 hr back to Arusha.
Private mountain meru climbing including:
* 4 star accommodation. In or near town with Wi-Fi facilities and a pool,
Rustic but not modern
* All transfers: Airport and to the mountain. Vehicles to be 4 x 4 rather
than mini-bus and to be modern and in very good condition
* English speaking interactive and enthusiastic Tanzanian guides and crew
* On the mountain facilities for Tanzanian crew that are above the required
standard seen currently
* Great Catering for clients on the mountain; Good quality food with
face for example)
* Oxygen for entire duration of expedition